- *Only 6 Nigerians Signed The Amalgamation Document In 1914, namely:*
1.HRH Maiturare Sarkin Mussulumi and Sultan of Sokoto
2. Usuman Dan Maje who later became Emir of Kano
3. Sir Kitoyi Ajasa a lawyer
4. HRH Oladugbolu Alaafin of Oyo
5. HRH R Henshaw (Obong of Calabar)
6. Abubakar Shehu of BornoAdvertisements
The location of the signing of d amalgamation document was Zungeru, Niger State. That was the Capital of the British Protectorate of Northern Nigeria from 1902 until 1916
There were 6 people and the rest of the 22 were British.
*The Edict expired in 2014.*
The document stated that after 100 years, each party can re-evaluate & determine if they want to continue together or go their separate ways.
*The above information is for personal consumption and not political.*
Why did we refuse to honour the agreements?
Nigeria technically expired in 2014. So, we can at least renegotiate the terms of continuing as a single Nation or Federation, Confederation or total separation.
This is a very useful document for dialogue any day!!!.